Last Updated: February 10, 2020
Thank you for visiting Code Platoon!
Information We Collect
There are three general categories of information we collect.
We collect information you share with us when you use the Code Platoon Website.
- Communications with Code Platoon and other Users. When you communicate with Code Platoon or use the Code Platoon Website to communicate with other Users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Code Platoon Website.
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Code Platoon Website.
When you use the Code Platoon Website, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Code Platoon Website, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Code Platoon Website.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Code Platoon Website, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, zip code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Code Platoon Website, even if you have not created a user account or are logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Code Platoon Website (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Code Platoon Website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the Code Platoon Website or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Code Platoon Website.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Code Platoon Website through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Code Platoon Website, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment:
Provide, Improve, and Develop the Code Platoon Website.
- Enable you to access and use the Code Platoon Website.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Code Platoon Website and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about Code Platoon or partner campaigns and services).
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Code Platoon or its third-party business partners.
Safety and Compliance with the Law
We will attempt to notify Users about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Code Platoon’s property, its Users and the Website (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”). In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that User about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
Third Party Partners & Integrations
Code Platoon Website may contain links to third party Websites or services, such as third-party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third-Party Partners”). Code Platoon doesn’t own or control these Third-Party Partners, and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third-Party Partner, Code Platoon, or both. These Third-Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other Websites you visit.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.