Internships: Coding Teaching Assistant (Remote)
Are you a Computer Science (or related field) major? Want to learn to build real web apps, instead of just learning theory? Interested in tech education? Want to be involved with a nonprofit that trains Veterans and military spouses to become professional software developers?
Looking to take off a semester from college, or already graduated?
Then apply for our Internships!
Code Platoon is a nonprofit Coding Bootcamp that strictly serves the military community. Our award winning program is designed to train deeply interested beginners and prepare them for careers in software development.
We are looking for a major in Computer Science, rising sophomore or higher to be a teaching assistant (TA) for our Full-stack Software Engineering Bootcamp. We do not expect the TA to know the material beforehand, but do expect that they will spend enough time preparing ahead of time so that when the material is presented to the class, the TA will be able to be an ‘advanced beginner’. Aside from learning the material, the TA’s primary responsibility will be to assist students with their coding assignments during the rest of the day.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring software developer to learn real-world coding skills, as our program prepares students to go directly into the job market as software developers.
The TA will essentially get a $17,000 education (cost of the program) for free. A side benefit for the TA will be access to our extensive software developer community.
- Attend Code Platoon from 8:30am to 5:30pm, CST, daily (lectures in morning, coding challenges rest of the day)
- Help our students with their assignments
- At least two classes in software development by the time summer begins
- Deep interest to learn real-world coding skills
- Strong communication skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Candidates requiring sponsorship, whether now or in the future, are not authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
About Code Platoon
Code Platoon is a nonprofit Coding Bootcamp with a mission to train Veterans and military spouses to become professional software developers through a hands-on, immersive learning approach. Founded in 2016, Code Platoon has graduated over 200 Veterans and spouses.
Graduates benefit from a robust internship program, where many of our in-person graduates are placed directly into 3-6 month paid internships, typically leading to Full-time jobs in the field.
Job Type: Full-time internship
Location : Remote
Education: At least 2 Computer science classes, including Object Orientation
Language: English (Required)
- Sierra Platoon: October 3, 2022 – January 20, 2023
- Tango Platoon: February 6, 2023 – May 19, 2023
1) Complete the Code Platoon coding skills assessment here.
2) After completing the coding skills assessment, email email@example.com and let us know that you completed the assessment. Please include an updated resume and information about the session/semester for which you are interested.
3) A Code Platoon staff member will follow up with you after receiving your email.