- Designed for beginners
- Self-paced, online program
- Dedicated Slack community of course participants
- Created by Code Platoon instructors and actively supported by on-demand Teaching Assistants
- Veterans, Active Duty, and military spouses participating in the course receive additional support from Teaching Assistants (2-hour online availability daily)
What You’ll Learn
These two skills are paramount to becoming a software engineer and being accepted into Code Platoon. When most people start learning to code, they just know the syntax of a language, and then when it comes time to solve coding challenges, they immediately get stuck and give up. Intro to Coding will help you develop your problem-solving skills by giving you coding challenges that put you to the test.
Here’s a list of what you’ll learn in this Intro To Coding course:
- Primitive Data Types
- String Interpolation
- Conditional Statements
- Arrays & Objects
- 11 Sessions
- 7 hours of on-demand videos
- Over 120 coding challenges
- No prior coding experience or knowledge is necessary.
- Have an email address
- Understand the English language
- Have an internet connection
- Be able to watch and learn from videos
Tom Prete is a Code Platoon Instructor, a full-stack engineer, and a U.S. Marine veteran. Before joining Code Platoon, Tom worked at a digital mental health startup as a QA Engineer/Software Engineer after attending Fullstack Academy in Chicago. Tom loves the process of learning code, solving problems, and creating practical, fun applications. Before becoming a full-stack developer, Tom worked as an analyst at PNC Bank and Bank of America, where he loved mentoring new employees. As a U.S. Marine, Tom was in an artillery battery stationed in Twenty-Nine Palms, CA, and had multiple deployments.