Content Marketing Specialist
Code Platoon is a nonprofit Coding Bootcamp with a mission to train Veterans and military spouses to become professional software developers through a hands-on, immersive learning approach. Founded in 2016, Code Platoon has graduated over 200 Veterans and military spouses.
We are seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to join our team to manage and deploy demand generation content to support our student recruitment efforts and the Code Platoon mission.
The ideal candidate has experience creating and managing various content marketing programs for multiple platforms, including blogs, white papers, newsletters, and social media. You will oversee the marketing content calendar and email campaigns, including list development and segmentation, reporting, and optimization.
The Content Marketing Specialist will:
- Conceptualize, research, write and edit content for blogs, white papers, emails, newsletters, and social media. Produce demand generation marketing content on an ongoing basis as needed. Ensure consistency, reliability, accuracy, and timeliness of all content marketing efforts.
- Maintain a marketing editorial calendar to support a regular cadence of various types of content (e.g., blogs, white papers, emails, social media, etc.)
- Identify content-driven opportunities to boost SEO performance. Regularly report on the effectiveness of SEO efforts.
- Build and manage email campaigns end-to-end, including set-up, testing, execution, reporting, and optimization.
- Use data from multiple sources to segment and communicate with constituents. (CRM, email marketing platform, web analytics, etc.)
- Collaborate as needed on other communication efforts to support the organization’s mission and development efforts.
- Be a brand steward, ensuring content is consistent in messaging, style, quality, and tone and optimized for user experience across all channels.
- Measure content effectiveness and optimize as necessary.
- Other projects as assigned.
The ideal Content Marketing Specialist has:
- 2-3 years of work experience in demand generation content marketing, SEO, or email campaign management, preferably in the non-profit, education, or military vertical.
- Strong writing portfolio, including copywriting and editing for multiple platforms and audiences, and demonstrated ability to create high-impact content efficiently.
- Experience/familiarity with email marketing software. Comfortable with or willing to learn data segmentation to target email campaigns to specific audiences.
- Experience with SEO and content best practices for organic search.
- Basic design/layout, video, and photo editing skills are a plus but not required.
- Able to work independently within a small team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Location : Chicago or Remote
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience
Language: English (Required)
Apply: Send updated resume and writing samples to email@example.com
Internships: Coding Teaching Assistant (Remote)
Are you a Computer Science (or related field) major? Want to learn to build real web apps, instead of just learning theory? Interested in tech education? Want to be involved with a nonprofit that trains Veterans and military spouses to become professional software developers?
Looking to take off a semester from college, or already graduated?
Then apply for our Internships!
Code Platoon is a nonprofit Coding Bootcamp that strictly serves the military community. Our award winning program is designed to train deeply interested beginners and prepare them for careers in software development.
We are looking for a major in Computer Science, rising sophomore or higher to be a teaching assistant (TA) for our Full-stack Software Engineering Bootcamp. We do not expect the TA to know the material beforehand, but do expect that they will spend enough time preparing ahead of time so that when the material is presented to the class, the TA will be able to be an ‘advanced beginner’. Aside from learning the material, the TA’s primary responsibility will be to assist students with their coding assignments during the rest of the day.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring software developer to learn real-world coding skills, as our program prepares students to go directly into the job market as software developers.
The TA will essentially get a $17,000 education (cost of the program) for free. A side benefit for the TA will be access to our extensive software developer community.
- Attend Code Platoon from 8am to 5pm, CST, daily (lectures in morning, coding challenges rest of the day)
- Help our students with their assignments
- At least two classes in software development by the time summer begins
- Deep interest to learn real-world coding skills
- Strong communication skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Candidates requiring sponsorship, whether now or in the future, are not authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
About Code Platoon
Code Platoon is a nonprofit Coding Bootcamp with a mission to train Veterans and military spouses to become professional software developers through a hands-on, immersive learning approach. Founded in 2016, Code Platoon has graduated over 200 Veterans and spouses.
Graduates benefit from a robust internship program, where many of our in-person graduates are placed directly into 3-6 month paid internships, typically leading to Full-time jobs in the field.
Job Type: Full-time internship
Location : Remote
Education: At least 2 Computer science classes, including Object Orientation
Language: English (Required)
1) Complete the Code Platoon coding skills assessment here.
2) After completing the coding skills assessment, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you completed the assessment. Please include an updated resume and information about the session/semester for which you are interested.
3) A Code Platoon staff member will follow up with you after receiving your email.