DevOps Engineering: Immersive
DevOps engineers work alongside software engineers and IT operations to create digital pipelines for software applications. Code Platoon’s DevOps Engineering program will teach you continuous integration and deployment, configuration management, and end-to-end automation. You’ll also learn about platform-as-a-service and infrastructure-as-a-service.
The 15-week program includes five modules:
- Computer Science / Networking / Programming Fundamentals – This module builds the base for students to understand more advanced DevOps concepts. We cover the Linux operating system, how data flows in and out of a network, and how to read/write Python to accomplish tasks.
- Databases / Artifacts / Build Tools – Students learn about different types of databases and their use cases, including key/value, document, and particularly relational databases in the form of SQL to query databases. They will also learn to package applications into artifacts using the specific build tools for each framework and pull/push the artifacts to an artifact repository manager.
- Infrastructure as a Service / CICD – Students will take and pass the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam, learn how to continuously integrate and deploy completed applications using a CICD technology such as Jenkins or Github Actions, and configure and deploy applications to an AWS EC2 server from Jenkins.
- Infrastructure as Code / Containerization – Students are introduced to scripting and automating the creation of an application’s infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform. We also explore the benefits of containerization to simplify publishing applications as artifacts using tools such as Docker, orchestrating containers using Kubernetes (K8s), and utilizing AWS’s managed K8s service EKS.
- Configuration Management & Monitoring – Students learn how to manage the configuration of their IaC scripts using a technology such as Ansible and create monitors and alerts for their application using a technology such as Prometheus.
The DevOps Engineering program includes our Beyond Tech curriculum, an informative and engaging eight-part lecture series where students learn unspoken rules and expectations for their new career paths.
Beyond Tech topics include overcoming “imposter syndrome,” the importance and advantages of diversity in the workplace, financial literacy, and how to best navigate the job hunt.
In addition to Beyond Tech, Code Platoon works with students to draft and edit their resumes and create brand statements and LinkedIn profiles. Students are provided with resume coaches and mentors to help them tell their stories to prospective employers.
DevOps Engineering Program Schedule
The DevOps Engineer program is a 15-week, full-time Bootcamp for Veterans and military spouses. Classes are Monday through Friday and feature a mix of lectures, presentations, and hands-on project time. The program is offered remotely. All students must be available for the duration of the program.
The entire Code Platoon curriculum and program details are available in the Academic Catalog.
Tuition for the DevOps Engineering program is $16,500. A deposit of $500 is required after acceptance to secure your spot in the program. Students may qualify to pay their tuition through the VA—VET TEC, and Voc Rehab. Code Platoon also offers many scholarship options.
Code Platoon is not accredited by a US Department of Education recognized accrediting body. Code Platoon is approved by The Illinois Board of Higher Education. For more information on IBHE, visit their website at www.ibhe.org, or you may contact them at the address or phone number listed below. To submit a complaint, please visit http://complaints.ibhe.org/. Students can review the IBHE Institutional Disclosures here.
Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 North Old State Capitol Plaza,
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1377
Phone: (217) 782-2551